Edmonds Construction Accident Lawyer
Construction work?allows men and women in Washington State to make a good living. Yet, it?s also the most dangerous work?environment?in the state. If you or someone you love is hurt, you need an experienced Edmonds construction accident lawyer to help you navigate the complex legal system?and?make sure that you?re fairly compensated for your injuries and?are?taken care of.??
Who Is at Fault in a Construction Accident???
Construction accidents are complicated. There are several factors that?must be considered to determine who could be at fault for your injuries.?Some of those factors include:?
- Whether the accident occurred at a private residence or?a commercial site?
- Whether you are an employee or a subcontractor?
- Whether there were any OSHA violations?
- Whether there were any?WISHA violations?
Of course, that?s not a full list of considerations. If you?re hurt on a site, you should have your claim evaluated by an Edmonds construction accident lawyer to determine if you have a legal claim and what your next steps should be.??
Most?Common?Causes of Construction Site Accidents??
As we mentioned in the last section, these accidents can be complicated. The reasons they happen can also be complicated. Your injuries could have more than one cause. The most common causes include:?
- Unenforced safety policies.?As a visitor or as a worker, you have the right to be?in?an environment that?s as safe as it can be.?This includes a safety policy that is enforced.?Yet, safety policies often go unenforced. This can lead to devastating accidents that cause lifelong injuries.??
- Improper or no safety training.?One reason why safety policies go unenforced is because workers simply don?t know that there?s a policy to be followed. Improper or no safety training?can create extremely dangerous conditions for workers and?visitors.??
- Vehicle accidents.?From company vehicles (including trucks) to cranes, vehicle accidents are one of the most common sorts of accidents on a construction site.?Pedestrian accidents also fall into this category.??
- Falling.?Falls don?t have to occur from the top of a building for a serious injury to occur. Broken bones, traumatic brain injuries, and even crushed limbs can all happen if you fall on a construction site.?Internal injuries can be caused from a fall. Many internal injuries have few signs until they become deadly.??
- Injuries from construction equipment.?Amputations, crushed limbs, and death can occur from construction equipment accidents.?These accidents can happen because of faulty equipment or because someone is careless.??
- Electrocutions.?Electrical hazards?pose?a very real risk of being on a construction site.?Electrocution can be deadly. In fact,?according to OSHA, around 400 people die every year because they are electrocuted while they?were on a construction site. The most common causes are live wires that aren?t properly grounded,?defective equipment, not having the right tools to work on a job, no signs to tell people on the site that there is a hazard, and poor lighting.??
- Exposure to chemicals and other hazards.?Respiratory diseases can be caused by exposure to chemicals, including toxins?that cause problems years later. You may still be entitled to financial compensation for your injuries.??
If you?re a construction worker and you?re hurt on the job site, you could be entitled to workers? compensation if you are an employee.?If your employer uses L&I, you?could be entitled to receive medical coverage, lost income, the cost of your medicine, travel expenses, property damage, and either permanent or temporary disability.??
However, filing a workers? compensation claim doesn?t mean that you?ll be treated fairly.?A lawyer can help ensure that you get the compensation that you deserve for your injuries. We can help you gather your paperwork and prepare to present your claim so that you are fairly compensated.??
Call to See If You Have?a Lawsuit??
Your injuries may be caused by a third party or maybe you were a visitor or?subcontractor. If that?s the case, you should contact an Edmonds construction accident lawyer to learn more about your rights. You could be eligible to receive compensation for your injuries, lost wages, medical expenses, pain and suffering and more.?To learn more about construction site injuries, call us. We?ll be glad to talk to you about your options.??